Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 can't find the supported template

I recently installed NPrinting 17 and can't edit excel reports (everything else office related works).  I've tried the following solution without any luck: Workaround for MicroSoft Office 2013 error: "Cannot find a supported template editor"

I've also uninstalled Designer and reinstalled it.

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Thanks,

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Qlik support was able to resolve my issue! In my case when I installed NPrinting Designer I was not logged in with the service account used by NPrinting. To resolve the issue we uninstalled Designer. Then logged in to the Windows server with the service account and reinstalled Designer. It immediately started working. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi James,

I too have the same issue on my NPrinting 16! Actually I've had this issue for months now. I could never find a solution. Did you fix this? If so please do share the solution here.

Thanks,

Arjun

Not applicable
Author

My issue has not been resolved, but support did provide me with a few things to try. All of the solutions they provided were for NP16 so they may work for you.

Here's the first:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14030

2nd:‌

Change the path for the Default Excel Template.

Open NPrinting and go to File > Options > Report Settings. Verify you entered the path to

a blank Excel file in the "Default Exel template" text box. Verify also you entered a "Default

template folder".

Go to the report, Be sure that the template file being used is not corrupted and that is not

saved in a protected folder.

3rd:

If it is a new installation of Office 2013, please ensure that you have installed a local copy of Office 2013 and that you are not trying to run via a virtualized version of Office 365.

To resolve this issue, see the steps in the tutorial below:

http://community.vizubi.com/knowledgebase/articles/285402-workaround-for-microsoft-office-2013-error...

If you are using a version of Office Prior to Office 2013, please take the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Use the Office Repair Tool to repair your Office installation. Reboot and try again.

If this does not work, go to step 2.

2. a. Uninstall Office and uninstall the NPrinting Client (ensure that you save the license file prior to uninstalling) reboot the computer

2. b. Reinstall Office and then reinstall the NPrinting Client (reapply the NPrinting license file)

2. c. Reboot the computer and try to open a new NPrinting Template again.

Are you running Visio 2013 along with Office 2010 or Office 2013?

3. Some customers have experienced issue with this scenario on there systems. For resolution, see the steps below:

· uninstall Microsoft Visio 2013

· uninstall NPrinting

· run a repair on Microsoft Office

· reboot

· install NPrinting

· do NOT reinstall Visio 2013 (suggest reversion back to the 2010 version).

Note: If you also have MS Lync in this scenario, it may also be necessary to uninstall Microsoft Lync 2013. Then reinstall NPrinting last.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Here is the correct link for the page from the Vizubi Community: Workaround for MicroSoft Office 2013 error: "Cannot find a supported template editor"

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Thank you for replying James.

The fact is I've already tried all of the above solutions before. I guess it will never work on my laptop then.

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Stephen!

I had tried that one too. Didn't work.

Not applicable
Author

I have call scheduled with support tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what they find.

Not applicable
Author

Qlik support was able to resolve my issue! In my case when I installed NPrinting Designer I was not logged in with the service account used by NPrinting. To resolve the issue we uninstalled Designer. Then logged in to the Windows server with the service account and reinstalled Designer. It immediately started working. 

Not applicable
Author

I don't know if will alert because I replied to original post, but I did post the solution to my problem. I hope it works for you too.

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Thanks for letting me know James.

I will have to try this later! Will let you know if it works.

Thanks,

Arjun