Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mendoncart
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: Treemaps In Qlik Sense

Hi mto

Could you help me?

I'm trying to make a treemap, but, once I make any selection the dimension stays in the treemap.

Like you wrote:

"Selecting 2012 - simply removes the other years from the treemap."

In my case, if I select a year, for instance, this selected year stays in the treemap. It only works like a filter...

I'd like to remove all the others years once a year selection is made.

Is that possible, or am I crazy?

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Ruytter,

I branched this to a new discussion thread.

Hmmm...let me take a look at this again. In the mean-time it may be possible that another member might reply as well. I will return with my findings.(the advantage of opening a new thread)

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

See the attached video and let me know the behavior you are seeing.

The only way I see the year staying (when you click the dimension in the treemap only) is when it is NOT the first value in the dimension. If you use a Year list box - you can always be assured the year values are filtered.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Please copy .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
mendoncart
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well, the vídeo shows the exact behavior that I'm seeing.

What I wanted is for the dimensios be replaced as I make selections.

For example, in a model that has: year, month and category, I wanted to once made a selection of one year, the year dimension would dissapear, leaving only the other ones behind to be shown.

Anyway, I've managed to accomplish that using IF statements working togheter whith getSelectedCount function in the dimensions, to see what fields were selected and then replace them.

Well, it's not a good solution because there's no end point, so once that is reached the 'last' dimension, if clicked, the treemap will replace the last selections...

I hope this helps someone.

Thankyou mto very much to take time and try to help me.

Regards.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Good to hear, can you provide the sample solution by attaching it to this thread, I would love to take a look.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik