Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QW Personal Edition or QW Desktop and the Web

Hi,

I've downloaded QW Personal Edition and I am learning their utilities and funcionalities. 

I would like to build a page in PE with information to share with my colleagues. I was tthinking to upload the page to the web and so each can enter and analyze it.

Doubts are arising me:

1) You can export a PE QW work to the web?

2) My colleagues can see / analyze it? Or they need to have a QW PE installed for it?

3) If you can not upload to the Web with PE, if I buy a license of QW Desktop, could I upload pages to the web in this case?

Many thanks!!, Regards

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, Qlikview cannot export things to the web. At least not in the way you are probably thinking of. Mashups are possible, but complicated and you will need licenses. If you want to share with everybody on the internet you will need a very expensive license.

Qlik Sense has a lot more possibilities with publishing things on the internet, so perhaps you want to take a look at that.

Qlikview PE can only open documents it created itself. It's not possible to share document with colleagues if they are also using Qlikview PE.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer!

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the asnwer!

Do you know if QS have a free version for practice and learn to use the product, like PE for QW?

Many thanks,

Regards

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense Desktop is a free product. You can even share the .qvf Qlik Sense Apps with other users.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand