Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacknick
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is there a way to 'tie' horizonal scroll bars together on multiple charts?

I have two charts, one above the other, both having different expressions (y axis) but with the date as the dimension (x axis) and with the scroll bar enabled so I only see 24 days at a time.

When I scroll on the top chart, I'd like the scroll bar on the bottom chart to move automatically with it so I see the same date range on both charts at the same time. 

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks,

Jackie

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, there isn't. Perhaps you can use selections instead. You could use a slider object (or two calendar objects) to select a range of days. That selection would apply to both charts so they'd show the same range.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jacknick
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Gysbert - sounds as though I'm just being too ambitious 🙂

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, as I said, perhaps selections will work. A slider sounds like a good alternative to a scroll bar.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

jacknick
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Gysbert, apologies for the delayed response. I did try the using sliders but unfortunately on my data if I moved the slider in one chart it was taking forever to refresh the other chart so had to abandon it in the end. I did however use the successfully use the siders in another part of the app so thanks for your help. Jackie

jacknick
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, it was a useful example.

VadimCosman1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi guys, 

It is a super old problem, but I faced it recently, and thought may be helpful to update with my solution.
What I can suggest is:
1. Extend both charts/tables to the max width and put them in a container, then the user has only one scroll bar which scrolls both elements.

2. In my case the values displayed in the table are adjusted by the filters. If the user doesn't apply any filter, he/she will have to pick the [app scroll bar] and drag it to the right/left. If he/she applies a filter, the table will become smaller.

Maybe for someone these solution will appear weird, but this worked for me, and hope that it can help anyone else.