Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to open the document. You don't have access to the document

I have a new app developed by a user which comes with section access. Reloaded the file and the section access took effect after the reload. As per the section access, I shouldn't be seeing one of the tab. After the reload, I was not able to.

My problem is with the Access point. When I try to access that particular document, It says - Failed to open the document. You don't have access to the document. What am I missing?

Here is the screenshot of the QVW - Document properties - Opening. If I uncheck, Initial Data reduction based on section access and Prohibit Binary load then I'm able to access the App through Access point but I'm seeing all the tabs. As per section access, My windows AD login shouldn't be seeing one of the tabs.

Here is the hidden script:

Section Access;

LOAD

NTNAME,

USER_ID,

ACCESS,

NAME,

QLIKVIEWAPP,

ACTIVE

FROM

[\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\ExternalData\Exec.xlsx]

(ooxml,embedded labels, Table is Section_Access);

Section Application;

SheetAccessMatrix:

LOAD

NTNAME,

REVENUE,

PERFORMANCE,

[PROVIDER DETAILS],

[FACILITY CLAIM DETAILS],

REFERRALS,

[JMH BILLING],

REINSURANCE

FROM

[\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\ExternalData\Exec.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Section_Access);

Screenshot of the Excel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

I have previously posted several examples of common errors that can occur when configuring section access.

QlikView Section Access Examples

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Colin-Albert

The user account that runs the QDS service must be included in the Section Access list with access to all data so the server reload includes all data. The data reduction and access restrictions apply when the user opens the app on the Access Point.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Colin,

Thanks for your mail. I noticed the service account was missing in the excel when the user sent me these files. So I added the service account details but that didn't resolve the issue.

Colin-Albert

Section Access control access to the whole app and data, it does not control access to specific sheets within an app.

To prevent users accessing a sheet, you will need to control whether the tab is hidden using a show condition on the sheet properties linked to the username or another field.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the info, Colin!

What is preventing me from accessing the App through the access point. Should "Initial data reduction based on section access", and "Strict Exclusion" under document properties both need to be unchecked to get access?

Colin-Albert

For section access to provide security, you should always tick the initial data reduction and Strict Exclusion option. Ticking both of these mean any user who is not listed in the section access table cannot open the app.

It may be worth adding a text box to show OSUSER() so you can validate the username that Qlik is using for your access point login.

Colin-Albert

Un checking the initial reduction and Strict Exclusion means that any user who is not listed in the section access table get access to the app with all data enabled! This is an option to investigate the problem but not a production solution.  I would add OSUSER() to a text box to see exactly what domain\user the app is trying to match to the section access table.

Also force all section access fields to uppercase using upper().

Colin-Albert

I have previously posted several examples of common errors that can occur when configuring section access.

QlikView Section Access Examples