Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

How can link table with master calendar

Hi All,

I have one data model created based on using link table i want to add one more extra table(table:ABC) in that so

How can I link that table .

I already link (table:ABC) to one of fact table but when i am selecting any master calendar field then values are getting wrong.

Please help

16 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

tresesco

as you see we have transaction on 2180 please check

22.png

My question is when I am selecting calendar field then I am getting monthwise targets ...

Please check this excel file on basis of this excel i have created Target table....

Please help.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I meant there is no entry in the 'FACT_GL_Entry' table for 2180. Since this table is the link between, Target table and LinkTable, it could not find a date in master calendar table.

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

tresesco  Sir

without any entries how can it is sales against that code.

As you can see above image we have sale on that code and i have confirmed from IT team also .

There is any another way to get all targets when we select month or quarter ..... or front end ...

Thanks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess, you are referring a different qvw which is not shared here. I see only one div code in that table.

Untitled.png

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Yes ....

I just debug with 1 line and give to you but now am achieving the same ...  but some div code is showing wrong targets.

Could you please tell me How can I optimize that qvw file which is send to you.....

I think its very complex and I am getting very difficulties to add new transaction table in that qvw ...

Hope you understand what i want to say .....

Your help will be helpful  to me to understand how to handle this type of application and how we can add any new table in this....

Please guide....

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I would have been very happy, if I could help you with this specific case - but it would require a lot of time which I don't have now. I would suggest you to go through some very nice threads and blogs that discuss about the same and you would probably find them helpful.

Joins and Lookups

Re: Create link between two tables?..

Best Practices to Concatenate Multiple Fact Tables?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This is a kind of Chasm Trap. You may refer : Fan traps and Chasm traps