Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to destribute to customers

Hello,

Can someone explane to me when i fineshed my qvw, and i want to distribute the qvw to my customers. I read about HTML and EXE, both are oke. But how do i generate this?

I tried to find it in the manuals, but it is not clear for me so if someone can tell this in a easy step by step way, i will be very gratefull.

Greatings Mireille (mireille.van.der.heiden@tntpost.com

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mireille, is this problem still 'unanswered'? I think the solution was to publish a Zero Footprint report, right? If so, mark this as 'answer'...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If your customers have QlikView you can send them the QVW file, but usually you would upload your QVW file to a server that has QlikView Server installed and users would enter in a portal called QlikView AccessPoint that allows them to view your QlikView file through an Internet browser using AJAX or the IE Plugin. To do all this you will need to purchase a proper license

Converting QlikView to Exe is not available to the general public.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl, we have a propper licence. And our internal users access through the server. But now i want it to go to my external users, which cannot access this server.

Can you please reply back how to go further. I think i'm nearby the sollution but missing a qlick 🙂

Mireille

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Mireille, you would have to add a fixed public IP to the QlikView Server so that users can access it from outside. Often you don't want external users to access the same server as internal users, so you might think about setting up another server. This probably depends on the region, but QlikView even offers a Extranet server license for this purpose.

Regards.

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Mirelle,

you can publish your report on web by QV webpart. you can publish your report on ASPX Page.

Not applicable
Author

thanks all, i have a few connection points to solve this problem.

Not applicable
Author

@karl

Can you pls describe about extranet server a bit more.

How to apply extranet server license to a particular QV document ?

pls correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mireille, is this problem still 'unanswered'? I think the solution was to publish a Zero Footprint report, right? If so, mark this as 'answer'...