Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Separate Excel report for each team

Background

In my data-model each department have multiple teams. All the teams uses same report (Excel Table with same columns) but they only want to have data for their own team instead of the entire department.

Current Solution

I have created individual excel reports for each teams in nPrinting.

Problem

If a team name changes or a new team is created then a new report has be to created for that team.

What I am trying to Achieve?

I want to know a way where nPrinting will automatically publish separate excel report for each team instead of manually creating a table for each team.

Delivery NOTE : This reports must be delivered in a folder, not via email. Once its delivered in the folder then each team will go that folder and access their own report.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

You can try with the Cycling report feature in NPrinting. this automatically create a file for each team  dynamically

check this :

Cycling Reports on Multiple Fields

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If the fields in the chart are the same for each team, then just build a recipient for each team and apply the appropriate NPrinting filter to each recipient. Then build a task which delivers the report to all of these recipients. Each team will receive a report filtered using the team's filter criteria.

You can automate the recipient import process. There are instructions on how to do this in the help area of the Qlik website.

NPrinting 17 help:

What is QlikView NPrinting? ‒ QlikView NPrinting

The instructions will be different for NPrinting 16 and NPrinting 17.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Aran, but I forgot to mention in the post that all the reports gets delivered in a network folder.

And then each team goes to that folder and accesses their own report.

Can your suggested solution be applied to this?

Not applicable
Author

So in the Task you can set an output path which can contain the name of the recipient (and therefore will be different for each team).

Again it's slightly different in NPrinting 16 and 17, but there is documentation about this as well.

Best

Aran

avinashelite

You can try with the Cycling report feature in NPrinting. this automatically create a file for each team  dynamically

check this :

Cycling Reports on Multiple Fields

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I will try your suggestion.. We are still using NPrinting 16. Also if you can advice on my another post.Condition based task for report delivery

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Avinash, This is useful. I will try this first thing tomorrow also if you can advice on my other post Condition based task for report delivery

Not applicable
Author

Cycling will create a separate file for every value of a dimension, but it will deliver all the files to all recipients unless you use recipient filters to suppress some of the files for some recipients.

From your first post, I don't think that cycling is the appropriate technique unless you not only want to send each team separate reports but you also want each team to receive a different file for each value of a dimension.

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

The Team field contains team names

And I want individual excel file with their tame names and only that teams data in the excel table report.

And deliveries are made in one single folder so i think I will try cycling first.. what you think?

Not applicable
Author

You don't need cycling.

Recipient specific filters, dynamic naming and a custom output folder with the recipient name in the path is the technique I recommend.

Cycling alone will not solve your use case.