Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Optimize Non Optimize Qvd

Hey Community,

I have Script that load 7M rows.

When i load from the DB i save the data as is whit no manipulation on the data direct to qvd file via "STORE INTO Function"

when i load the QVD file i see that my load is non optimize because i use where/ Date Function.

Can anyone have a good tip how to create the data and load it optimize.

Thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

*Try to add all the conditions in the SQL and fetch only the required data to Qlikview and store the same into QVD

OR

*After fetching all the data to Qlikview , create resident table and apply all the necessary conditions and then finally store the resident table as QVD and import the same 

Hope this helps you

View solution in original post

5 Replies
avinashelite

*Try to add all the conditions in the SQL and fetch only the required data to Qlikview and store the same into QVD

OR

*After fetching all the data to Qlikview , create resident table and apply all the necessary conditions and then finally store the resident table as QVD and import the same 

Hope this helps you

marcus_sommer

I think you should make such small transforming within a Preceding Load and store it then as qvd. Afterwards you could load these qvd without transformings and you will get an optimized load.

- Marcus

ramasaisaksoft

hi David,

Case1:-if it is possible you can create a separate table (Apply all where conditions here)with all conditions at ETL process itself.

and fetch the data from new table.

Case2:-

Fetch the data from the original table apply where conditions,

create a separate table using RESIDENT Load and STORE this new table into your QVD .at last drop the first table

My self i will prefer Case2.