Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saviostrazzullo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Memory usage in Qlik Sense

Hi,

why  doesn't Qlik Sense release all the memory when I close a sheet ? I often need to close the application to reset the memory. It seems that the system doesn't release  all the memory when I close the sheet.

Thank you

Savio

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Because it caches all the objects and calculation so it does not have to do that again next time you open the sheet.

This is default functionality that can not be changed and is there for your joy. If it would not do this and you have heavy calculations, it has to do these every time you re-open the sheet.

May you live in interesting times!
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Even though the memory is not released immediately it will do so once the server RAM usage hits the "Min memory usage (%)" (which can be set in the QMC),

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Salvatore,

When ever there are any calculations done, the results are saved in the cache to improve performance. When any other user using the same dashboard looks at the same details as you did, it directly reads it from the cache instead of recalculating it over again. The cache is cleared on a regular time basis. If the memory hits the brim, the cache gets cleared as well. This could be a possible reason why its happening.

Thanks,

Sangram.