Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergio
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upload documents

Hello to all.

I've heard that i can upload qvw through the access point. I've been reading some posts and i found some things like:

1) Activate the Allow update document in the enterprise managment

2) i have to set the security authorization to DMS

Well, i've done both...but...how continues the configuration...how can i upload a document?? Is that really posible??

Thanks in advance to all!

Regards!

4 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sergio,

No, this is not possible through the AccessPoint, you've been misinformed. You would have to create a regular transfer (like FTP) which would then be deposited in your User Documents (i.e. AccessPoint) folders on the server. But it's a best practice to let Publisher take care of publishing everything to the AccessPoint so it can set security properly, etc. I would therefore recommend avoiding such uploads to the AccessPoint folders and instead maybe you can implement an upload to the Source Documents folders.

Regards,

sergio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Vlad for your recommendations and information. Anyway i was looking for this functionality to upload aplications to a test ambience, just for developers. In the company i work, there is a lot of bureaucracy, e.g. to upload an application to the publisher i've to do a ticket with four levels of autorization and after all that the people who manages the QV server upload my application to the publisher, the process can take about 3 days minimum to 2 weeks maximum; all that just to see how my new application as seen from the web access point with java or ajax plugins (generally it's not very necesary, but when i need it...it's very annoying). i thought if i can upload directly to the access point an application to test i could evade all that process.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sergio,

There is actually a bureaucracy in most organizations 🙂 That's why companies usually get at least 2 servers: DEV and PROD. Often, they will even get a 3rd one for testing. It makes it a little challenging if you only have 1 server, for exactly the reasons you described.

Good luck!

sergio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well, i suppose i will have to be a victim of the bureaucracy Stick out tongue once again jeje. I'm waiting to test an application since monday 14 on DEV server, if it's ok...i will generate a ticket to pass it to production server...i think they take about a week to do that.... Tongue Tied

Anyway, thank you very much for the information and the time Vlad.