Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DMS Authentication using command lines

Hello,

I am trying to automize the process of giving access of qvw file to a user. I used command line to run the power tool to do it by setting username and file name in the script. And then I changed the authentication from NTFS to DMS in QMC(was using NTFS for all the user authentication before).

The problem is, it should work fine when the user access is already added by the power tool and he can access to the file in the end. But after I reload the qvw file in QMC, that distribution to the user disappeared!

I am wondering if there is anyway that we can use the power tool to give access to user and make that appear in the "distribute" tab of QMC? Or to be simple, any possibilities to automize the manual operation on this following page to grant access?

QV.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Dave

1 Reply
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess you can do this by using the Management API (and optionally writing a tool yourself that uses the API, or just a PowerShell script if you want to keep it simple). To test it out, you can try a powertool called "QMS API Client" that allows you to play with the API without writing a single line of code.

To find out what exactly you can/cannot do with the help of the Management API, search the community for Management API or check QlikView Management API - Getting Started and Examples

Peter