Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing totals when hovering

Hi

I know you can show totals when hovering on a bar chart. But my totals on my expressions are all divided by millions, so it you hover ot shows 121 for 121435000, so how do I show the full total while hovering?

29 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Works for the charts as far as have tested but for line charts it is not working. One option is to have an extra field which is not dual for the line charts but then still I have the issue with the values less than a million

avinashelite

As per i know for line chart the values will be shown in the end points i.e move mouse near the value joining points it will display the values ....if have got the answer please mark the correct answer and close this thread

Not applicable
Author

Tested with the bar charts of less than million, those with the millions is still working, it shows the amount when hovering, on those less than a million it shows the bars correctly, but on hovering it does not give the values

avinashelite

could you please share the snapshots ?? so that it will helpful for me understand the issues

Not applicable
Author

Is a word file ok, you have word 2016 or should I just save it in a pervious version?

Not applicable
Author

Here is what I get, before and after, see attached word file. I saved it in an old version

Not applicable
Author

Did you manages to find anything from the screenshots I sent you? The first value in the dual is correct, its the value used for hovering. The second value is for the Y axis. wish I could send you the model, this is just not making sense to me, it just looks inconsitent to me. Basically everything was working fine on all lines charts and bar charts except for these under a million in the currency

avinashelite

I did not understand the exact problem ....in the last chart your not able to see the values ....could you please share the dimensions and expression that are used in that chart ??

Not applicable
Author

Dimension is = if(Match(Quarter,'Q1', 'Q2', 'Q3', 'Q4'),Quarter,null())

Expression 1 Budget is

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P}, CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly)

Expression 2 Actual is

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P}, CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}Actual)

avinashelite

here is the issue

BudgetDistributionCalculation +BudgetMovementMonthly

you cannot add two or one dual fields with other fields  directly because dual is a combination of two fields 1st part with the display data and the 2 part for the actual calculation ..you in you case the data which is divided by 1000000 is getting add and hence your not able to see the right data ...try like this

create 2 different field for each i.e one with dual and another without dual

,Dual(BudgetDistributionCalculation, BudgetDistributionCalculation/1000000) as Dual_BudgetDistributionCalculation

,BudgetDistributionCalculation
Dual(BudgetMovementMonthly,BudgetMovementMonthly/1000000) as Dual_BudgetMovementMonthly

,BudgetMovementMonthly

now in the front end expression try like this

Dual(sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P}, CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation +BudgetMovementMonthly),sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P}, CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation +BudgetMovementMonthly)/1000000)

this should work