Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

No-one can log in to Qlik Sense Hub (no access pass)

All my users have lost the ability to log into Qlik Sense hub.

What I have tried/looked at;

• I can log in to QMC and see that the tokens are correctly assigned
  • All the Qlik services are running as "local system account"
  • Re-syncing the "User Directory Connector" (ldap with an Active Directory domain) doesn't refresh
  • I have tried logging in as an AD/Domain user and also as a local user.  Neither work

The only thing which has changed is that *my* password expired on the domain and I changed it, but I don't remember having the issue previously when that happened.

Any ideas before I start fiddling?  Can I stop and start the proxies or do i have to restart the whole server?

And also: how do I stop this happening again???

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Quriouss,

What are log files saying? Is there any issue logged there?

Also, if the password of the service account is reset, you will have to update it on the server aswell.

Thanks,

Sangram.

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I couldn't find anything in the logs, but I ended up just rebooting the server and it now works again.

I'm going to assume it has something to do with my password having changed and look into how I can prevent this from happening again.

Any tips?  Or do I have to speak to the IT department...

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Quriouss,

The services make use of the service accounts password and it always has to be correct.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Simon Hogg wrote:

All my users have lost the ability to log into Qlik Sense hub.

What I have tried/looked at:

• All the Qlik services are running as "local system account"
  • Re-syncing the "User Directory Connector" (ldap with an Active Directory domain) doesn't refresh

Were you able to login to the QMC? What occurred when you went to the Hub? Authentication error? Token denial? Unable to even resolve the Hub?

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Authentication worked, but there was token-denial.

I resolved it by rebooting the server (it was to do with my domain password having expired so the services refused to run (I think)).  I've changed a few settings for the installation but to be honest I'm not sure I've done the elegant solution - but it works!