Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_palacios
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with Name Cal in QMC

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced a user with a Name Cal license in qlikview getting deleted without anyone that has access to qmc doing the actual deleting? I have a user that has been deleted 3 weeks in a row without anyone actually removing his access (there is only 2 of us in the qv environment). Any help would be appreciated as we are stumped with what could be causing this issue. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

-Luch

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you're sure no-one is revoking CALs from the QMC, a possible alternative could be that CalData.pgo is being restored without your knowledge. Hmmm, far-fetched indeed.

To get a grip on this weird event, enable extensive QVS audit logging in QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Servers->Select your Server->Logging->Logging. The QVS Events log will now list additional details of every CAL assignment/revocation, even the username of who did it.

Best,

Peter

l_palacios
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I will try this. Thank you very much. Out of curiosity, once I enable extensive audit logging, where will I find the log details?

Kind Regards,

Luciano Palacios

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That option will simply add more details to the standard Events logs. The path in which these logs will be saved is specified in the input field underneath the extensive audit logging option (QMC).