Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create chart showing multiple filter items and their individual measurements

Apologies if this has already been asked - I'm a complete beginner to Qlik Sense.

I have a filter pane set up to filter products we sell (List of Items)

I've set up a combo chart to show the quantity sold (Measure) against the date by month(Dimension).

I can filer for each product or for multiple products which will add the quantities of each selected product together and show me total on graph for each month.

I would like to set up a new filter showing the products we sell as same list of items but this time show me a graph with a line for each selected item rather than a sum of the selected, say for instance we select Burgers, Pizzas, Coffees etc it will plot a seperate line for each of the products showing their relevant sales against date.

Is this possible please? If so how?

Many thanks for taking the time to read.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simon,

If I understood you right, you would like to plot a line for each Type of Item over time for comparison right? If so, check this out:

Capture.PNG

Capture`.PNG

I have even attached the file for reference.

Thanks,

Sangram.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Simon,

can you upload a sample qvf to illustrate the issue please?

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for looking into this Andy.

qvf file attached.

Just to clarify - I have created chart that shows Sales Quantity against time.

I have filters on the left - Date Filters and Filter for Major Food / Bev Group then filter for sub groups (Type of Food) and another filter for individual items.

I would like to be able to select a few items from the list (either same filer list or a copy of it) and show them as their own line on the chart so I can then compare how each item is doing month by month against other items.

Thanks again

Simon

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simon,

If I understood you right, you would like to plot a line for each Type of Item over time for comparison right? If so, check this out:

Capture.PNG

Capture`.PNG

I have even attached the file for reference.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Fantastic, thanks Sangram, I owe you a drink!!!

Out of interest and for my reference, how did you do it? Would be great to apply to other similar examples that I have.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simon,

Pretty simple. Make use of a line char. -> add two dimmension : YearMonth and Group.Groupdesc -> add 1 meaure:Sales Qualtity. Thats it!

As you make selections a new hypercube is generated every time and hence lines and axis keep changing.

Thanks,

Sangram.