Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

licensing for access to mashups (embedded in web pages)?

I'd like to embed some small visualisations in some web pages on our company intranet to show interesting things about the company's activity.  I'm trying to understand the licensing requirement and think I have it worked out (which is not a good-value use case for us).

Is it correct that each viewer of the web page needs a valid token (most probably anonymous, so login-based).  The login session in that case will be used up like a regular login token (ten one-hour chunks, reset every 28 days).

OR is it that the web page/server needs a login token to access the api, and this will be used with whoever is viewing the web page at that time? So the token 'belongs' to the web server which then authenticates with Qlik?

With 1000+ users, each of whom might visit the page for a few seconds, it seems a waste to use up the login tokens so quickly, so I wonder if anybody had any real-world experience of this?

Thanks in advance.

15 Replies
Not applicable

does a user needs a token to access these charts in my website?

Not applicable

If an user needs token to access these charts. I did not understand the use of mash ups.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Mitali,

Accessing a chart through the API or through the client is the same thing and that is why licensing kicks in.

We do have a different license model for external applications however so that might be something to discuss with your sales rep.

I wanna stress that Qlik is not a charting tool, if you are looking into having lightweight graphs on your page then I would recommend using something that is free instead such as Google Charts. The value of Qlik is really the filtering, the associative experience, the very powerful calculation engine combined with robust security features.

jorgebrugos
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

Would you kindly share with me the approach you are using to use static charts with the mashups?

Regards,

Jorge

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a public facing website that we need to expose internal Qlik data on.

The website user is authenticated via OpenId Connect protocol.

The current approach is to have a server side (web server) call to a non-interactive mashup URL (parameterized with user-specific values).  The server would retrieve the HTML content for the non-interactive graph from the Qlik server, and then return that HTML content to the client view (Web page).

Does this approach sound reasonable for non-interactive mashups through a DMZ?  Does it violate any licensing rules?

We are not at the point, yet, where we are ready to start addressing the deeper security measures needed for user-level interactive mashups on a DMZ.

Thanks,

srilakshmi_as
Creator
Creator

We need the same  requirement.  We don't need much interaction,but Few KPIs and then navigation to other straight tables on different sheets.

Users will be 1000+ just for this data. Is there a way to achieve without licence.

The data comes from existed qvds and therefore we proceeded to develop in Qliksense itself not any other free tool.

Appreciate qlik's help on this..thanks