Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script Execution Progress window blank

Hi

I have had this issue on more than one computer and in two versions of QlikView.  I am currently on QV12 SR1 and I find it very frustrating that the sometimes the progress window stays blank until the document is fully loaded.  I can only assume this is some sort of bug that remains unfixed?

It also makes identifying a QlikView crash difficult on the odd occasion...

Has anyone else experienced this or am I calling bug when in fact something else is to blame?

Thanks

Oli

9 Replies
Colin-Albert

This seems to occur more often if you have more than one QV.exe running, though it does sometimes occur with just s single exe running.

You can view the document log whilst the reload is in progress, a workaround, but not ideal.

marcus_sommer

Did this also happens if you disabled the option to close the progress-window after finishing the reload? There are some types of loadings, for example group by loadings which will be executed at first in a (temporary) intermediate table and only if this is finished (it could be take some time) it will be loaded into the real table and might then be unnoticed from you before the window is closed again.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin

Thanks for the tip.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus

I always have the 'close on reload completion' disabled and the document that inspirded me to write this post does have a GROUP BY clause however that is right at the end of the script.

marcus_sommer

Another try could be to size these window a little smaller/bigger. If it's then be updated is the reason an issue from the graphics card.

- Marcus

Colin-Albert

I have also found that it makes a difference whether the reload is started from the Script Editor screen (which usually updates the progress) or from the application screen (which doesn't always update the progress)

Colin-Albert

This has been a recurring issue across several versions

Script Execution Progress

Not applicable
Author

Yeah I had noticed that too.  I also use the debug screen but am currently experiencing another problem there (Invalid window handle ODBC CONNECT TO ...) which looking on the forum seems to be a known QV12 bug.

haymarketpaul
Creator III
Creator III

We upgraded to QV12 SR3 (from QV11 SR4) over the weekend and we're experiencing this issue now - worked ok at first but no cigar now - even tried blanking the WindowPos entries in the settings.ini as mentioned elsewhere but still no luck