Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III

show all and restrict section access - qlik sense

Hi

I need some help regarding section access. I am able to restrict access via section access script , certain section of filter panes and data

for example SALES USER A can only see a total of a 105 customersID, instead of the full total 1000 customersID

she can for example only choose too, country USA from a filter pane (Country) and Kitchen from filter pane (Department)

however I would like SALES USER A to be able to compare her sales to everyone else in the system. so still see 1000 customersID, BUT still have the restriction of the filters she can choose

please help

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could get this if you are loading your data twice. One time normal like now with your section access implemented and one time without any section access whereby you replaced your dimension-values with random one (not to identify and changing with every reload) and/or to consolidate those data to a higher level which then only return an average of your KPI's and these could be then compared against the restricted data.

- Marcus

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

is there a sample app that can be downloaded to explain help with this issue on qlik community please?

please help

marcus_sommer

No, I haven't a sample. For years I had have implemented one with consolidated data and the logic for it is quite simple, like:

AveragePerMonth:

Load Month, Year, sum(Sales) / count(distinct customersID) as AvgSales

From YourTable Group By Month, Year;

- Marcus