Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Type of join in Qlikview

Hi,

I have two tables and when I perform join then in the resultant table I found that matching field in two tables are joined with inner join but the unmatched column will be joined as an what???

I am not getting it that Qlikview is doing inner join/ outer join or cross join  for unmatched records??

5 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

An unspecified Join in Qlik is an Outer Join. So key values not finding a match in the table you are joining with will still be added, just like key values found in the table you join with without a match in the table you are joining to it will stay.

See attachment for an example with various joins.

May you live in interesting times!
jlongoria
Creator
Creator

This is a very good discussion of join/keep/concatenate:

Understanding Join, Keep and Concatenate

reanfadyl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

‌if you create a single Straight Table with all your columns from both tables you should be able to see that the records that are linked by a key field appear on the same row for both tables , while those that are unmatched will appear on seperste rows, with nulls in the place of the unmatched column values.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Basically like in the example I attached.

May you live in interesting times!
reanfadyl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I hadn't downloaded your example when I replied, but you are using list boxes. These will show you the relationships, but only as you make selections.

I like to use a Straight Table because it just lays it all out.  See attached.