Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to generate or run a Nprinting report with out using Nprinting designer!..

Hi,

I have 10 different reports in a single NSQ file(Nprinting), I have no idea how to generate a specific report through windows command line or any other platform without using Nprinting designer.

Appreciate the valuable suggestions and quick response.Thanks!.

Cheers,

Mahi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

After all my R&D now got solution for the above, and finally It works with creating a batch file as below lines in it,

Batch File:

---------------

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile "D:\Nprinting\Nprinting Files\Sentry_Report.nsq" /Job "EOD Collateral Summary Job"

If I execute the above created batch file then expected Job or report got executed successfully without necessary to run it from N-Printing designer.

Thanks for all your support and it helps me to think wise in testing my use case.

Cheers,

Mahesh

View solution in original post

9 Replies
clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Mahesh,

You can use QlikView's report builder.  On the menu bar click on Reports>Edit Reports ... and you can create and export your report.

1.png

Regards,

Carlos

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

You can find detailed instructions on how to use report editor here:

Using QlikView’s Report Editor

Not applicable
Author

Hi Carlos,

My question is not to create a new report in Report editor, how to run the report which is created in Nprinting designer with using any external files like batch or xml ,etc.

Thanks,

Mahi

avinashelite

hi Mahesh,

Use NPrinting Ondemand extension this will help you to run a specific report or task

How to Use NPrinting On Demand Extensions in QlikView Documents

NPrinting On-Demand: Examples

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

To use OnDemand NPrinting you required additional licenses

avinashelite

Not applicable
Author

After all my R&D now got solution for the above, and finally It works with creating a batch file as below lines in it,

Batch File:

---------------

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile "D:\Nprinting\Nprinting Files\Sentry_Report.nsq" /Job "EOD Collateral Summary Job"

If I execute the above created batch file then expected Job or report got executed successfully without necessary to run it from N-Printing designer.

Thanks for all your support and it helps me to think wise in testing my use case.

Cheers,

Mahesh

Not applicable
Author

To run multiple jobs or report in a single batch file then copy the entire line in next empty line and just replace the Job name as per required,

EX:

Batch File:

---------------

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile "D:\Nprinting\Nprinting Files\Sentry_Report.nsq" /Job "Cash and Accrual Job"

The above jobs executed in sequential order.

Thanks,

Mahesh

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello,

When my .nsq project uses a "qvp:\\" file as input, it can't launch the job.

It opens NPrinting, opens QV, close QV and close NPrinting without exporting anything.