Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC task changes to not scheduled

Hello,

I have a task scheduled to run daily at 2AM, it ran for couple days and today it didn't and under "started/Scheduled" it shows up as not scheduled (strange).

Can someone advise on this as to what might be the cause from the job being scheduled to stop the refresh but on opening the properties under triggers it still shows up as daily reschedule as set.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Since we changed the Chuck size in QVPR from '100' to '50'. We didn't see any issues in  the past few days.

I believe this solution resolves the issue for us.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Initially when this situation occurred on  next day when the task was set up initially, i had to restart the qlik services on the server then rescheduled again. Which later ran until today.

But the scenario persisted again.Hoping to see a stabilized solution.

Thanks.

avinashelite

if multiple task are scheduled at the same time than due to lack of memory this might have happen.....say suppose if their are 10 jobs get trigger at the same time and qlikview doesn't have enough memory then it will end up in failure of few task...try to change the timing like 2:15 and test it for couple of days 

Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Check in the log files whether it actually didn't run or because of automatic refresh it is not showing.

Else try creating task at some other time without any possible clash

Not applicable
Author

Hello Avinash,

I do agree to your comments.

But changing the time would help in this case can't agree to that.

after analyzing - there aren't many jobs ran simultaneously at the same time (which will be a matter of throttle resource), that being said. The job never ran because the scheduled time didn't kick off.

Attaching the task and also under Started/scheduled section where it show the next planned refresh shows up as "Not scheduled" for some reason.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I did check the log files seems like the job never refreshed at the scheduled time. This happened today itself until yesterday it was refreshing starting at 2AM.

Thanks.

avinashelite

check whether your job is enabled or not ??

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using a Publisher? How was the trigger defined? Can you post a screenshot of the details?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

Yes, we are using publisher.

The trigger is defined to reload on a schedule daily 2AM.

The screen shot is already posted as an attachment to initial post.

Thanks,
Dinesh.

Not applicable
Author

So we happened to play this in different ways to see whether the solution is a more stable.

Initially we have deleted the whole task and recreated the task again with the same trigger. Process ran for couple of days then the problem persisted again. As we thought may be the qvpr xml files got corrupted.

Now this time we deleted the trigger and recreate and before we ran we have restarted the Qlik services which is running as expected for a day so far. will be monitoring the same for the next few days.

If the current situation fails Qlik has suggested to change the chunk size from our current value '50' to '20' and restart the services back again.

But curious to see if anyone encountered the same issue ever before and how they figured out a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.