Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help on Linking & grouping Time in tables

I'm new to Qlik Sense Desktop, so sorry if this has been asked / answered before. Struggling to find help on this topic online and in the books I have purchased.

I have data I am trying to analyse - Sales of Food & Drink and Sales of Admissions. I've imported tables from a few databases and linked up the dates in all the tables which seems to work.

I now want to link the time field (TransTime) in the Admiss and TransItems Tables. I want to be able to create a filter where I can select a particular time period (ideally grouped in 30min intervals if its possibe) so that I can see the Admission sales data and the Food & Drink sales data for transactions that occurred in the selected time groups.

I'm really struggling as the times are listed individually (not sure how I can group them into 30min intervals within a filter) and most of the times are showing as 00:00:00 which also seems to be when the majority of the sales data is connected to.

To create the times I had to use LEFT and RIGHT string functions to get the figures from other data in the table so may have made a mistake.

I've attached the model the sheet on the app where I want to show the data is called Time Graphs.

Thanks for reading my query.

5 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi Simon

use this as dimension in your graph

time(class(TransTime,MakeTime(0,30)))

you will have this :

regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your reply - I will give it a try.

Is there a way I can create a filter for the time periods so all other graphs / data will show results for specific time periods I select?

Thanks again

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

Yes it is

open a filter panel object and add your mesure

time(class(TransTime,MakeTime(0,30)))

you can also add a new dimension in your script

here in your script : (clic on the unlock script button before)

[TransItems]:

LOAD

[ItemNo] AS [PLUS_Code],

Date([Date] ,'DD/MM/YYYY') AS [Daily Income.DAILYINCOME_Date],

[Time] AS [TRANSITEMS_IncorrT],

[Qty] AS [TRANSITEMS_Qty],

[Val] AS [TRANSITEMS_Val],

[ECR] AS [TRANSITEMS_ECR],

Left([Date],10) AS [TransItems.TransItems.DAILYINCOME_Date],

Time(class(Time(Right([Time],8)),MakeTime(0,30))) as "Half_Hour_Period",

Time(Right([Time],8)) AS [TransTime];

PS i juste realise that the filter pan as well as the half hour dimension is not going from 9:00:00 to 00:00:00 but is repeat itself.

see below :

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bruno,

How would I stop it repeating itself?

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi Simon

I don't know exactly why it's repeating itself , may be it's due to different Time format in your Time field.

Or maybe due to my mesure to bucket the hour.

You should find another solution sorry

Bruno