Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to overwrite nPrinting Reports?

Hi Guys,

What am I trying to Achieve?

Deliver Excel Report every night in a network folder by adding data for the previous day and keep accumulate it till the end of the month

Example:

• On the 1st day of April it will generate excel report containing data for the 01-April-2016
  • On the 2nd day it will overwrite that file and will have data for 01-April to 02-April
  • Iterate the same process till the end of that month
  • The last report will have data from 01-April to 30-April

And at the beginning of the new Month, nPrinting Will generating similar report for the next month and leave the previous month report as is.

Does it look possible ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

check your expression in the NPrinting ...have you checked the evulate check box ..I don't have the QV license so will not be able to help you now

View solution in original post

11 Replies
avinashelite

simple solution would be is to enable the dynamic naming of the files in NPrinting ....in the dynamic naming build a file name like Month_name&'-'&file_name so that for the entire month the file will  be replaced automatically when it comes to next month since the name of the file is changed Nprinting will automatically creates a new file

Dynamic Report Naming

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Avinash

Good Idea.. I will create a QlikView Variable as =Month(now());

But how should I accumulate the data in the same file ? should I pass a filter in the report ?

avinashelite

data accumulation you need to handle in Qlikview , NPrinting doesn't offer any feature for this ..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again..

And sorry if I sound dumb.. as I am new to Qlik.. but do you think following would work?

1. Create a Month-to-date variable in Qlik

2. And everynight when data is loaded, it will only load for YTD !

3. and then NPrinting over right the file by using Month name in the dynamic name?

avinashelite

yes your approach is rite ..it will work , try with that if get struck please let me know will help you

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot   you always answer my post lol will surely update my success on this post soon.

avinashelite

Aha , I answer most of the Question in form

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

I have tried everything in last 1 hour but unable to achieve the result

I have attached a sample QVD & QVW which I used to test nPrinting

1. I have created a variable in QVW as vCurrentMonth = Month(Today()) ;
  2. I created a filter in NPrinting for the field name 'Month' and added the filter value as $(vCurrentMonth)

It did not work

1. Same Qlikview Variable

2. Created Filter in NPrinting for the field name '[Order Date]' with value as 'Month(Today())

Still did not work.

Am I doing anything wrong or is it never gonna be possible ?

Expected published report : Should only show data for month of April

avinashelite

check your expression in the NPrinting ...have you checked the evulate check box ..I don't have the QV license so will not be able to help you now