cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Access to CSS

A lot of the reports we write are for customers with brand guidelines we need to adhere to.

With sense being a HTML Front end are there plans to give users access to the underlying CSS in Qlik Sense?

I've seen in extensions you can access and modify the CSS of a chart type
but I think that would be overkill to have to rewrite a chart object just to access the formatting.

If I wanted to for example change the Chart Titles from Qlik grey to black for example.  Is there one place I can change this and if yes will we be able to upload themes to it in future.  Something like what Bootstrap have done.

61 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

When it's ready

All kidding aside that is probably how it is going to be, considering we release new versions of the product (at least on the feature track) so often we pack whatever we feel is ready and stable into the release that is closest at hand.

The good thing about that is that it takes the guessing out of when we ship new stuff since we always do it at the same time, every year.

If we feel something is not ready, well then we have 3 months until the next release so we can pack it in then.

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Has it been added to the most recent version Alexander?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Nope, themes are not available in 2.2.4 (I genuinely don't understand why, as defining your own colors is the most basic element of visualizations).

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Mainly via the use of an extension object

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Uh, why in the world this doesn't work in v2.2.4 anymore?!

Astrato.io Head of R&D
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry - I must rephrase myself: They are available but not officially supported and considered as a "dirty trick".

E.g. the theme structure has been slightly updated in v2.2.4 making all v2.2.3 themes to fall over. But I might add this was easy to fix.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Where do I get a v2.2.4 theme? The installed on Desktop doesn't work anymore and giving errors..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I am unaware on how and where themes are stored in the Desktop version, however once upgraded to server v2.2.4 you will be able to find the latest theme json file structure in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\sense and alter your personal theme accordingly.

I must correct myself, from v2.2.3 to v2.2.4 themes were working fine, v2.2.2 to v2.2.3/v2.2.4 themes did fall over.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

It's not working for me on v2.2.4 Server or Desktop..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this.we have 2.2.4 server version and i changed bar chart font size but does not seem to be updated. I restarted all services before i checked.

I have changed in E:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\sense\Themes.json file