Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Set Password for Excel Users Sense

All,

I finally managed to get my Excel UDC to work in Qlik Sense. So I have all my users in there!

But how can I set their passwords? Now when they go to the link still a password is needed but I can't find anywhere how to define it.

Regards, Paul

4 Replies
Not applicable

I am also having this same issue. Have you received any response on how to add Passwords to an Excel UDC?

Thanks,

Justin

pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Justin,

Final answer I got is that it is not possible at the moment. The excel only provides user information, how Sense works is that you need to also have an authentication method off these users when they come in, this is not possible with Excel.

Our solution was to create a seperate Active Directory via Azure. Not the best way because we have to add new users there as well but for now it works fine.

regards, Paul

Not applicable

Thank you very much for the response Paul. I will look into using an AD for my users. I just felt an excel import was easier and faster, too bad.

Cheers,

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. How did you do that?

I got de Access Driver, and it syncs sucsessfully.... but no new users appear on "USERS".