Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

black-background colour possible within SCRIPT?

Dear QlikView active users,

Please let me know if there is any possibility to change/make the scrpits Background colour into black and change colour of the script text itself.

It's quite annoying to stare on the scripts with White Background.

Thanks, Rakesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I see that you don't like reading books then

Use an external text editor like Notepad++, UltraEdit, Sublime Text etc. Most of them come with language files and tooltip definitions for QlikView script code. Sublime Text Editor can be extended with the InQlik plugins that allowe you to do fairly advanced things with QlikView stuff (importing QVD files to generate LOAD statements anyone?).

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

You can change the colour of the script text by going to Editor Preferences in the Tools menu in the Edit Script window. You will need to click OK to see the changes.

As for changing the background colour, I am not sure this is possible easily.

marcus_sommer

I think it won't be possible to change the editor-background in qlikview. As alternatively you could use Notepad++ Qlikview Language Definition to Notepad++‌ and change the background there: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24147214/how-to-change-notepad-text-editor-background-color.

- Marcus

Kushal_Chawda

I think you cannot change the background of the script, but you can change the color of texts in script for that see the below

Colorful QlikView Scripts & Expressions

or see this

QlikView language plugin for Sublime Text Editor

mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

If you really want to see your code in another background colour, copy and paste the script you have in QlikView into Notepad++ and in Settings > Style Configuration and change the background colour there to see your code.

It's a workaround but hope it helps a little bit.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I see that you don't like reading books then

Use an external text editor like Notepad++, UltraEdit, Sublime Text etc. Most of them come with language files and tooltip definitions for QlikView script code. Sublime Text Editor can be extended with the InQlik plugins that allowe you to do fairly advanced things with QlikView stuff (importing QVD files to generate LOAD statements anyone?).

Peter