Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

.bat file to automate license lease

Hi guys,

I am trying to use a scheduled .bat file to reload an application on the server so I can lease a license each month. However, I need to use 'Alternate Identity' as the Authentication setting, so it prompts me for a password. This stops the

Is there a way to pass the password in the command or a way to have my computer automatically type it?

I tried creating a .vbs script which called the .bat file and then used .shell.sendkeys but since the password prompt pauses the .bat file, it did not work.

I am open to any script that can automate this process. Though it would be awesome if you could explain the basics of what it is doing if it is not in batch.

Current Script:

@echo off

echo Opening document on the server...

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "qvp://username@000.000.00.00/Golf Quest.qvw"

echo License active for the next 30 days.

exit

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use the runas-feature with them you could run a batch with another user and with the parameter savecred you could store the credentials: https://www.google.de/search?q=batch+runas+savecred

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I see two possible problems with this strategy:

• You cannot lease a license from someone else except for the duration of the session-as-someone else. I don't know why you try to use Alternate Identity, but IMHO the lease will be gone as soon as the session ends. In QMC, you will have used one of the two possible MAC-address assignments though..It looks like you want to just throw away one license lease....
  • When you load a document from the server, even in QlikView desktop, you will be an AccessPoint USER. And those are not allowed to reload documents. I guess this action will always fail.

Best,

Peter