Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating dynamic measure selection in Qliksense

Hi community,

Is there a way in qliksense to create a sort of measure drop down, that has multiple measure values a user can choose from to populate the measure fields in a chart.

For E.g.  Avg. Age, % Literacy rate, Total population can be different measures I want to look at across time ( These are say variables in my data set). A single chart should achieve it based on user selection of the measure. (Dimension remains same - e.g. across years)

(This is achieved using parameters in Tableau. Would like to know if a equivalent exists)

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

34 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Can you check if the alternative measures fits your requirement.

Thanks.alternative.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Looks like this feature is not currently available! or am I looking in the wrong place. I looked at the discussion thread and some jquery has been used. Is that what you were suggesting.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is great, but I am not sure if end user can use the exploration menu every time. Is there are way to show the alternative field on the viz in presentation mode?

Thanks

arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

This Option is Available from the latest versions of Qlik Sense (2.2.3).

Can you please update the qlik sense client if not done already and see if the options are there.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the 2.2.3 version and i checked out this video on how to use alternative measures:

Alternative dimensions and measures - Qlik Sense - YouTube

It says I can use the same in Exploration mode. But I guess exploration mode is not feasible for a end user to open every time he/she needs to select alternative measures.

Thnx

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

can you post some sample what you need

Not applicable
Author

Please find attached the qvf from world indicators data.

I have 4 charts populated in the qvf for four different measures.

I want the four measures in the Data as a user selection in a single chart. The Y axis should change dynamically with the selection of either of the measures.

Note: (If we can have multiple aggregations that's a added plus. For e.g: some measures can have count aggregation and others can have sum among the selections)

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

check this