Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erjohnso
Creator
Creator

Nprinting17 Metadata reload - connection status stuck on generating?

We have just installed Nprinting17 (upgraded from QlikView PDF generator through Publisher).

We are up and running after installation however upon creating first apps and connections, the metadata reload seems to be stuck. The cache status is "generating." Only one of the connections has a status of Ok.

Capture.JPG

What is causing this and how can we resolve?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erjohnso
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks to the wonderful help of Frank Savino with Qlik Tech Support, this issue is resolved.

In case anyone runs into this, the issue was that we had the same 'log in as service' server account running QlikView and NPrinting. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
erjohnso
Creator
Creator
Author

In the nprinting webengine log file, I find this message (several times):

2016-03-01 01:22:18,423 [7] ERROR Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine - proxy: 2016/03/01 01:22:18 server.go:1934: http: TLS handshake error from 10.32.9.43:57546: tls: no cipher suite supported by both client and server

Can anyone help?

Not applicable

Hello Eric,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am experiencing something similar.

erjohnso
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks to the wonderful help of Frank Savino with Qlik Tech Support, this issue is resolved.

In case anyone runs into this, the issue was that we had the same 'log in as service' server account running QlikView and NPrinting. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi erjohnso,

The two accounts you're talking are :

1. Service account with which qlikview server services run, and

2. Service account with which nprinting services run.

Does these two accounts need to be different ? In my case, I'm having different account each for qlikview services and nprinting services, but still getting the same error. Again the document I'm creating connection upon is a huge in size (~1.5 GB).

Can you please help me to understand whether I got it correct way ? Or if not, can you please throw some more light on the solution that you have suggested.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Hardik

erjohnso
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Hardik, yes the two service accounts need to be different. That resolved our issue but it sounds like you already have 2 separate services running. What errors appear in the log file?

Also, check/try the following:

1) Make sure your .qvw does not have section access

2) Make sure your connection to the .qvw is not to a mapped drive on the server

3) Restart the services using these steps:

1-delete the connection to your .qvew

2-stop the services in the following order:

-QlikView NPrinting Scheduler
          -Qlikview NPrinting Web Engine
          -Qlikview NPrinting Engine
          -Qlikview NPrinting Repo Service

-Rabitt MQ

3-restart the services, one at a time in the reverse order as above, starting with the rabitt MQ

4- create a new connection, with a new name and generate

Coincidentally, our engine is offline this morning and the rabbitt MQ service won't restart...so anyone reading this that knows how to jumpstart rabitt MQ, please advise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi erjohnso,

Sorry for the delayed response and Many thanks for your valuable suggestions. However, I had tried almost all of what you have mentioned here.

Ultimately, creating a new connection and regenerating meta data helps in such cases, I would prefer to call it as a workaround only.

Thanks again.

Best,

Hardik