Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggr for distinct % across Quarters

I am trying to show percentage of Total by Quarter. I am not able to get the correct Quarter Percentage unless I have the quarter selected. I have seen some examples in the community but have seen one using set analysis.

Here is my count formula.

I am counting specific ticket types.

=count({<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket)

I am trying to divide that by the quarter count.

sum(Aggr(NODISTINCT Count(Total{<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket), [Fiscal Year-Quarter]))

I am asking for help on the denominator. So that its not taking the total of all the tickets. I only want to divide by the tickets count of the quarter.

Thank you,

Cassadi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Strange...

a) I don't think there is a need to list fields that are not used as dimensions in your TOTAL field list, so given

, CC_CODE,FCR,CONTEXT are not part of your dimensions, this should return the same value:

=Count(TOTAL <[Fiscal Year-Quarter]>distinct Ticket)

b) Have you enabled any other option, like the 'relative' option for your third expression?

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this:

Sum(TOTAL Aggr(NODISTINCT Count(Total{<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket), [Fiscal Year-Quarter]))

or

Sum(TOTAL<[Fiscal Year-Quarter]> Aggr(NODISTINCT Count(Total{<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket), [Fiscal Year-Quarter]))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you give some more information about the context you are using your expression in? Are you using it in a chart? What are the dimensions and expressions you are using?

And could you also give some numbers, what you expect to get from the numerator and denominator?

Or could you upload a small sample QVW with a description of your expected result?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have many data sources in this dashboard. The context for this chart is looking at the closed tickets. I have a contexts that link into a master calendar. I am also looking at only a subset of the tickets. I have created some logic that is called FCR "First call resolution". Then I am looking at only employees in a certain cost center.

The dimensions I am using are Ticket channel and Fiscal quarter. My goal is to see the percentage of workload to a specific channel in a specific quarter.

My problem is that the % by channel is taking the total tickets for all years. I want to get just the total by quarter. My data is sensitive and I cant post it as an example.

sunny_talwar

Since you are using Fiscal Quarter as dimension, you might want to try this using Total qualifier with the field name:

=Count({<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket) / Count(TOTAL <[Fiscal Quarter]> {<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Capture_WholeTable.PNGCapture-one_Quarter.PNG

Still not working. When the table has no filter the last column is capturing the whole ticket count. When I select a quarter I get the number I want. I believe I need to use AGGR I am just not sure where to put it.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Your fiscal quarter columns looks like a calculcated dimension.

Could you please post the expression you are using for this dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

=IF(Cost_Center_Join='US0****'and [Fiscal Year-Quarter]>='2015-1',[Fiscal Year-Quarter],NULL())

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

See this example:

p_Quarters.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume you have used that exact same field name also in the TOTAL qualifier field list:

=Count({<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket) /

Count( TOTAL<[Fiscal Year-Quarter]> {<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket)