Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Partial LOAD

Hi Qlikers,

I look at the different posts regarding partial Load with the function "Replace" or "Add". But in my case there is something I still can figure out.

Let’s say my script is like this:

DATA:

LOAD

FROM ... JAN 2016;

DATA:

LOAD

FROM ... FEB 2016;

DATA:

REPLACE LOAD

FROM ... THIS MONTH;

So every time it is loading all the files. But in fact I need only the data from the file “THIS MONTH” to be updated.

Because I have one big table called DATA, if I use REPLACE before LOAD for the file THIS MONTH, the only thing left will be the data from this month. But I want to keep all the data and replacing only the one for this month.

Is there a way to do so?

Thanks for your help

13 Replies
reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

BASICALY, THIS IS THE SCRIP:

IF vReloadArchive2015='YES' THEN

[DATA]:

REPLACE LOAD

FROM [lib://RE/ARCHIVE 2015.QVD];

ELSE

DATA:

REPLACE LOAD

RESIDENT DATA

WHERE [date import]<date($(vDateLimitforReload));

DATA:

ADD LOAD

FROM [lib://RE/ARCHIVE 2016.QVD];

WHERE [date import]>date($(vDateLimitforReload));

END IF;

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I'm using the "Reload Button" Extension. Maybe I have something wrong with that part. Should I add something in my script so that the partial reload option works properly?

Alt text

sunny_talwar

I am a little confused now.

1) is this your complete script?

2) Do you get the error during normal reload or partial reload or both?

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, the script is not very long for this App. I just skipped the part were I define my variables using some filetime functions.

So during normal reload, the problem is that it will not find the table DATA because all tables are dropped. But that's fine because I want to use the partial relaod. But when I use the Extension "Reload Button" I can not see what is the error because no error message is displayed. Is there a way to perform a partial relaod directly from the script page?