Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

execute and then binary load

Hi,

I want to reload all the data so that the user can do this by his own. We are working the Qlikview Personal Edition.

At first I Need to catch data from Oracle (first execute).

Second Execute puts the data from qvd into the script and  arranges the model for the users.

And at last the modelled Script data shoud be transfered to the qvw which the users use.

Does someone of you have an idea to solve this issue?

EXECUTE "C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "F:\Qlikview_Test\20_daten\prog\qvw\2opus-Assets-Reports Gen.qvw";
EXECUTE "C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "F:\Qlikview_Test\30_qlikmart\modell\qvw\2opus-Assets-Reports 1.1 Script.qvw";
Binary [..\..\..\30_qlikmart\modell\qvw\CodaAssets Skript 1.2.qvw];

SET ThousandSep='.';
SET DecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyThousandSep='.';
SET MoneyDecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyFormat='#.##0,00 €;-#.##0,00 €';
SET TimeFormat='hh:mm:ss';
SET DateFormat='DD.MM.YYYY';
//SET TimestampFormat='DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff]';
SET TimestampFormat='DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss';
SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';
SET DayNames='Mo;Di;Mi;Do;Fr;Sa;So';
LET vDocName = DocumentName();
Let vDocPath = DocumentPath (); //deaktiviert, weil Dateiname auch mit kommt (Script läuft nicht mehr durch)
Let vDocDirectory = Mid(DocumentPath(), 1, FindOneOf(DocumentPath(), '\', -1));
//let vDirectory =mid(DocumentPath(),1,len(DocumentPath())-len(DocumentName())-1); //ist auch korrekt
SET HidePrefix='#';
SET HideSuffix='§';
;

Very much thanks in advance.

Chris

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would create a Windows batch file to reload all three QVWs, last QVW just doing the binary load.

There is a command line option /r to reload and save a QVW, it's explained in detail in the reference manual.

edit: Ok, you already know the command line options.

But the Binary statement needs to be first line in your script, so you need to put the reload command lines into an external batch file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

I have already a bat-file with the following content

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "20_daten\prog\qvw\2opus-Assets-Reports Gen.qvw"

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "30_qlikmart\modell\qvw\2opus-Assets-Reports 1.1 Script.qvw"

The users dont have access to the bat-files. I want the users to execute the bat-file and afterwards do the binary load by just clicking on "execute script" of their modell-qvw. But then the binary does not work.

Do you have an idea?

Chris

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The binary statement needs to be the frist statement in your script, so there are no preceding statements allowed that may call the execution of the other QVW reloads.

Instead of the binary load, you can let the qlikmart qvw write all tables to QVDs, then load the QVDs in your UI QVW.

Other than that and the already discussed batch file that controls everything, I don't remember a good solution.

The users dont have access to the bat-files. I want the users to execute the bat-file and afterwards do the binary load by just clicking on "execute script" of their modell-qvw. But then the binary does not work.

Hm, can users execute the batch file or can't they?