Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Year Comparison

Hi There,

I am trying to do this, I have an bar graph with total count of something, distributed by year.

So, I Want to, when I click in 2015 another graph shows me the total count of the 2014 year, when a click in 2016 this graphs shows me the 2015 year, so goes on...

Does anyone knows how to do this?

Thanks in advice,

Rodrigo Peixoto.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

I have solved the problem. I just use the field "Year" and "Month" to create de Drill-down graph instead of use the formula =YEAR(DATE) and =month(DATE) and now it's works perfect.

But, using this formula (SUM({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} SalesAmount) it always shows me some value (My highest value is 2016, so when I star to look to the application, the sum from 2015 are always visible), is there a way to make this graph to be showing in blank and only when I choose some year it shows to me the sum?

sunny_talwar

Not sure what you mean when you say nothing happens? The expression still shows the same value?

May be try this expression where you ignore the selection in Date field and determine the expression's value based on Year field: Sum({<Year = {$(=Max(Year) - 1)}, Date>} SalesAmount)

sunny_talwar

Yes, that should be easy. try this:

If(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0, Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} SalesAmount)

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rodrigo,

You can even do this:

in your master calendar create 2 more columns with these expressions:

inyear ([Date you want to analyse], today()) as [Present Year],

inyear ([Date you want to analyse], today(), -1 ) as [Previous Year],

now use these flags in your set analysis:

count({$< [Present Year] = {1} >}Orders)    //- current year orders

count({$< [Previous Year] = {1} >}Orders)   //- previous year orders

Thanks,