Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III

Hardware recommendation for a Qlikview developer client desktop pc.

Hi,

what is the Hardware recommendation for a Qlikview developer client desktop pc?

14 Replies
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

At the moment I use a Virtual Machine for development and the performance experience is terrible.

Any experince with virtual machines?

marcus_sommer

AFAIK not each VM is suitable and they need some specific configurations like fixed hardware-resources on CPU cores and RAM also no sharings with other VM's or tools.

What are the parameter from the host and from the VM?

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO that could be because of the following reasons:

• Available RAM - QlikView as an in-memory app is extremely sensitive to RAM availability. Always make sure that enough free RAM is available, and that Windows does not swap to disk. Task manager is a simple and nice tool to check on RAM usage during those periods of terrible performance
  • VM Configuration - a number of settings must be taken care of when configuring a VM. The most important one is that resources must be permanently assigned to the QV VM, or the Virtual Machine manager may decide to temporarily relocate physical RAM to another VM. This is deadly to a QV installation.

If I can find a link to the QlikView-on-VM docment, I'll post a link in this thread.

Peter

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Based on your application size and multi tasking opening several apps at a time,

You can estimate accordingly,

Like this,

- 64bits operating systems since 32bits will not scale up more than 3Gb

- Intel i5 latest generation or above possible

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”