cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Modelling Question

Hi

I have 2 tables Weekly Metrics and Metric Definitions tables , I want Target and Bridge value from Metric Definitions table into Weekly Metrics Table , the common field between these 2 tables are User Friendly Metric Name ( From Metrics definitions) and Category (from Weekly Metrics) tables.

There is 1 Target and 1Bridge value for each of the User Friendly Metric Name , I need to get those values displayed in Weekly Metrics table for same Category .. how do I achieve this?

Expected output should be something as below,

CLNDR_DTCategoryData Bridge ValueTarget Value
4/22/2016FCI TOP 50204550
4/15/2016FCI TOP 50304550
4/8/2016FCI TOP 50154550
4/1/2016FCI TOP 50404550
3/25/2016FCI TOP 50124550

Attached is my app

Thank you

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't see FCI TOP 50 under the category field. Have you attached the correct qvw file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes , it actually there in the Metrics Definition Table , please find the File again .. I have saved it .. so I want all values in Metric definitions tables and its related Bridge and target values

sunny_talwar

I guess I don't really understand your data and having difficulty understanding the relation between the two fields and how are you hoping to see just that particular value. Can you elaborate on the logic?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry ... the value I have is just an example value , if you look into the data model .. I want to get Target Value and Bridge Value in Metrics_Definitions table into Weekly Metrics , there is a Category column in Weekly Metrics table which is same as User Friendly Metric Name in Metrics Definitions , so for all category values that match with User Friendly Metric Name, I want Target and Bridge values from Metrics_Definitions table .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Used Apply Map function to get Bridge and Target based on User friendly metric name and it worked.

Thank you!

sunny_talwar

Great, I am glad it all worked out in the end.