Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

KPI Referecing Alerting

Hello All,

I am new to Qlik Sense and I would like to know if the following objective is a possibility within Qlik Sense. The objective in a telecommunication environment:

Data would be sent through on an hourly basis and we would like to check if the following:

1. When there is a reference value (i.e. Average Call Duration is 6 mins) for a destination then this would be alerted visually.
  2. The above point would need to be across a set of variables (i.e Service Level or Product Level, Answer Seizure Ratio,etc)
  3. The data would be set up to be held for 24 hours at any one given time.
  4. Data update would need to be updated automatically.

How can the above be achieved.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Shankar

9 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Shankar,

there are answers for your objectives

1) When there is a reference value (i.e. Average Call Duration is 6 mins) for a destination then this would be alerted visually.

Yes this is possible. You can colour code the visualizations to display RAG for quick insights of the data. You can even visualize the data you have in any intuitive way you can imagine off.

2) The above point would need to be across a set of variables (i.e Service Level or Product Level, Answer Seizure Ratio,etc)

Yes this can be achieved.

3 & 4) The data would be set up to be held for 24 hours at any one given time.Data update would need to be updated automatically.

for automatic data refresh from your sources you will have to go with the enterprise version of Qliksense. The entire process can be automated.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram.

Can I futher bother you as to understand how RAG is defined and where this can be defined, we currently have the following version of Qlik Sense: Version 2.1.1+Build:2.2.origin/release/ms13.

Best Regards

Shankar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram.

Can I futher bother you as to understand how RAG is defined and where this can be defined, we currently have the following version of Qlik Sense: Version 2.1.1+Build:2.2.origin/release/ms13.

Best Regards

Shankar

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

It can be done using a custom colour expression.some thing like this:

if(sum(Sales) < 100000,rgb(255,0,0),if(sum(sales) > 500000,rgb(146,208,80),rgb(255,192,0)))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram,

Where would this formula be set? (i.e. Dimension) of a chart?

Is there are many destination with variable KPI, do you know any way the above can be defined to specific destination(s)?

Also the ranking of the destination(s), can this be ordered automatically by the criteria (i.e. Minutes, No of Calls,etc).

Best Regards

Shankar

Not applicable
Author

Hello

Can anyone help with the above query?

Regards

Shankar

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi G Shankar,

if you are using a barchart , you will have to use this expression as a custom colour expression in the presentation tab in the properties panel. In a KPI you have to set it graphically using the below options:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram,

I will start with the relevant feedback I have an will update if there is any further query.

Regards

Shankar

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Always Welcome!