Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Master calendar

hi,

I am trying to create a master calendar which will help me to create a chart for a complete year even if i miss with data for a month.

my month start from Nov of every year.

and my order date column is in a format like "YYYYMM", for ex for nov'16 it is like 201611.

can you please guide me how to create a master calendar for below information

Fiscal year (format FY16)

Fiscal Quarter (format Q1)

month format (Nov)

I have gone through some of the earlier post, but so far not able to achieve this.

thanks

Prasanta

mto

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can follow the script provided here. Check out the comments section for details on how to link the calendar to your database fields.

Fiscal and Standard Calendar generation

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Prasanta,

In addition to what Sunny has provided please also take a look at:

Understanding the Master Calendar (video)

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
sunny_talwar

Another one which you might find useful if your fiscal year doesn't start with day 1: Fiscal Calendar with Non-Standard Days (Not 1-31)

Not applicable
Author

hi Sunny,

thanks for your feedback.

I will follow the provided post.

Any guidance how to get month (jan), fiscalyear(FY16) and Quarter(Q1) out of a code like "201601"

i dont have a order date column. i only have information in a code with a format like "YYYYMM"

thanks

sunny_talwar

I think once you have a mastercalendar, all those things will come out very easily. The only thing you might have to make sure is that the date is read correctly as a date by QlikView. To do this, you can use Date#() function. In your case, may be like this:

Date(MonthStart(Date#(DateFieldName, 'YYYYMM')), 'YYYYMM') as DateField

Now you will use this to create your master calendar which will create all your quarter, year, month, quarteryear fields for you.

If you still continue to feel confused, provide a few lines of data so that we can help you with a sample script

Not applicable
Author

thanks, i tried with the above function. but its giveing me error while loading.

can you please check the attached qvf. !

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Did you get a chance to see my attached qvf.

thanks

Prasanta

sunny_talwar

I have not thus far, I am traveling today and will try to take a look as soon as possible

Not applicable
Author

hi,did you get a chance to look at my qvf.

Thanks

Prasanta