Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III

What is the difference use SetAnalysis with or without $ ?

hi , i am using very symple sum with SetAnalysis :  =  sum (    {$<flag_1={1}>}  usd     )

it looks to be fine , my question is : why when i remone the $ it gives me the same resault ?

I read that a dollar  $ sign  make the set depending on the selection , but it seems that it is not work so,

Can anyone give a more detailed explanation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

$ sign signifies inherited state. If you chart is in inherited state, having a $ or not doesn't matter. But if you are in an alternate states then it is a different story. At that time having a $ would mean that although the chart is in alternate state, the expression is driven from inherited state. Whereas not having a $ would mean that chart and expression are both in alternate state.

Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

$ sign signifies inherited state. If you chart is in inherited state, having a $ or not doesn't matter. But if you are in an alternate states then it is a different story. At that time having a $ would mean that although the chart is in alternate state, the expression is driven from inherited state. Whereas not having a $ would mean that chart and expression are both in alternate state.

Does that make sense?

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi Sunny ,  inherited or alternate , is it something that i need to config ?  where  ?

sunny_talwar

Unless you create one, you always have inherited state. To create an alternate state, you can go to the Document settings:

Capture.PNG

You can read about alternate state here:

http://www.learnqlickview.com/alternate-states-in-qlikview/

Introduction to alternate states - The Qlik Fix! The Qlik Fix!

Qlikview-Alternate States Fundamental-Inheritted vs Default

sunny_talwar

You may find this document to be useful. This is a good comprehensive guide on set analysis

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes it Does make sense !  you Sheds light on a dark corner for me - thanks !!

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yea - now i can understand the article better , thanks again .

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha I am glad my Sunny's sun ray's came up handy to shed some light