Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limiting bars

Hello Everyone,

I am trying for a solution around how to limit the bars dynamically.

In my below bar graph, i want to limit the bars to 2 based on customers sum(Revenue) in desc order.

Dimensions - Customers

Measure -

if(((sum(Activity1)+sum(Activity2)+sum(Activity3)+sum(Pcost)+sum(Tcost))/sum(Revenue))>.1,

((sum(Activity1)+sum(Activity2)+sum(Activity3)+sum(Pcost)+sum(Tcost))/sum(Revenue)),

0)

Sorted expression - sum(Revenue) in desc order

data handling - not showing zero values.

any suggestion how to show only 2 bars for customers with sum(revenue) in desc order.

thanks, please refer the attached qvf.

Limit Bars.JPG

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

gwassenaar

Hi,

thanks, this solution is working fine. but when i use this in qlik sense server with huge no customer,

i got the results in different way. i dont get the exactly top 20 customer.

when i put a number in variable chart, it varifies exactly all cusomer and show only those bars when GB is > 50% and they ordered by revenue.

Please refer the attached image. where i put 200 in variable and it gave 19 customers only.

Regards,

PrasantaSortingvariable.JPG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I don't understand what you want. You say you don't get a top 20, but 19 values. And you seem to expect 200. I don't get it. A top 20 can't have 200 values as far as I understand this universe. And I'm afraid your screenshot does not explain much about your document except that it's possible to show some bars with percentages on top.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

hi,

May be i am not clear with the information provide to you by me.

I want top 20 customer with GB>50% and ordered by sum(Revenue).

when i user qsvariable, and entered 20, i get only 3 customers satisfying the above conditions.

thats why i tried with different nos and finaly when entered 200 in variable box, i got around 19 bars in my bar chart.

Please refer the below screen shot.

Alos please let me know if we connect over phone or webex for a discussion. that will be really helpful.

thanks in advnace.

Pltop 20.JPG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a qlik sense app that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

actually i cant share this app, thats why i created this sample app which i already have shared initially.

if its possible, can we have a webex or phone discussion?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sorry, but that's not possible.

Not applicable
Author

thanks, please let me know when you get some time.

Prasanta