Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

New monitoring apps Qlik Sense

Hi all,

I have a Sense Server which as off yesterday has been released to users. So there are able to use the dashboards.

Unfortunatly my monitoring apps won't reload, as we have version 2.0 I already found this is a bug which is solved in the next version. My question is can I just find the new monitoring apps somewhere? The whole update will cost some time and I want to monitor what users are doing in this beginning phase.

Regards, Paul

5 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What does the reload/scheduler log file say?

pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

The license app gives the error: Field not found: CounterName

The operations monitor stops at: Field not found: ProxySessionId

As said I found on the community this is a Known error in the 2.0 version and solved in the next version. But how can i find those apps without having to upgrade my entire server to a new version.

Regards, Paul

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I would suggest to comment those two fields out. Alternatively, if you really need them you could dig into the respective log files and modify the load script accordingly.

Just finding the app of the next version might or might not solve the issue you are experiencing as the log file structure might have changed as well, not only the app.

pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

For the license monitor I managed to comment the field out and it worked.

Unfortunalty as far as I can see the ProxyId is all over the script....

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

1. When logged in to the server, import a new copy of the problematic app from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultApps (You will need to give it a new name, i.e. License Monitor (New))
  2. Go to the Hub to the My Work section and open the application
  3. Click on Open to go to the Data Load Editor
  4. Go to the Run Logic section
  5. It will initially look like below. For reference the screenshots are from the Operations Monitor but the principle applies to the License Monitor as well even though the load script will look slightly different:qPsKIO7.png
  6. Wrap the working section with the following code:
    Bhum4Sk.png
  7. Save the file
  8. Reload from the Hub or QMC
    1. From the Hub: Click on the Load Data icon in the upper right hand corner
    2. From the QMC: Apps > Select the new License or Operations Monitor App > More Actions > Reload Now
  9. Ensure that it has reloaded successfully
  10. Delete the original License or Operations Monitor app
  11. Rename the new copy, i.e. License Monitor (New) will be renamed to License Monitor
  12. Publish the new app to the Monitoring Apps stream
  13. Create a reload task to reload the new app. The default reload schedule for the default apps is to reload every hour, but you can set to this to be as frequent as your needs require.