Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How can a Qlik Sense user modify objects?

Hi,

I have a quite basic question regarding Qlik Sense (server). After uploading and publishing an App, users can access it and create their own sheets with their own objects and stories and publish them afterwards. So far so good. But what if a user wants to modify an existing sheet? What if he wants to delete it? Is there any special permission for doing that?

Thank you in advance,

Sorin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

At the moment the owner of the app will have to duplicate the app, then modify it and finally publish it again. It's not possible to change a published app. This will change in a future release of Qlik Sense so it becomes easier to change apps.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

At the moment the owner of the app will have to duplicate the app, then modify it and finally publish it again. It's not possible to change a published app. This will change in a future release of Qlik Sense so it becomes easier to change apps.

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Gysbert. So the flow would be:

Admin published app -> user duplicates the app and modifies it -> user publishes the app -> Admin deletes the original app in case it's no longer useful

One more question: After the user modifies an app and publishes it, is it possible to obtain the .qvf file?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The user will need to be the owner of the app. And if he republished it under the same name then the original won't have to be removed manually. It's possible to export the app from the QMC. If necessary it can be retrieved from the file system of the server, but then you'd need to know its unique identifier. The apps are not stored by app name, but with the unique identifier as its file name.

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you again Gysbert.

However, I'm not able to publish the app after modifying it. I duplicate the app and the duplicated app goes to "My work". This creates another app in the Apps section of the QMC. But right-clicking on the duplicated app does not suggest anything related to publishing it.

Is it supposed to be done from the QMC instead of from the hub?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, the app is published from the QMC. The user will need rights to publish the app to the stream. See the online help for more information: Publishing ‒ Qlik Sense