Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Calculating client growth per month

Hi,

I am trying to calculate the client growth rate per month. I was able to get the period growth rate (for example, trailing 12 months):

(Count({<$(=vMaxDate)>} distinct [Client ID]) - Count({<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID]))/Count({<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID])

with vMaxDate = current date, vPeriodLowerBand = current date - 12 months

But I need to create a bar chart with monthly rates. The x axis would be months for the past year, and the y axis the monthly growth rate.

In other words, I would need to "aggregate" the rates by month instead of calculating for the whole period.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

What all dimensions do you have? I think you need this month divided by last 12 months? You would need to use Above()/Below() functions to do this. Would you be able to provide a sample to play around with?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

A little precision: the dataset contains monthly data. Don't need to group the dates by months...

sunny_talwar

May be this:

(Count({<$(=vMaxDate)>} distinct [Client ID]) - Count(TOTAL <MonthField>{<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID]))/Count(TOTAL <MonthField>{<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID])

maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your help! I tried your suggestion, and it doesn't appear to solve my issue. Here is what I get

months.png

(Count({<$(=vMaxDate)>} distinct [Client ID]) - Count( TOTAL <[Snapshot Date]> {<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID]))

/ Count( TOTAL <[Snapshot Date]> {<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID])

sunny_talwar

How about this?

(Count({<$(=vMaxDate)>} distinct [Client ID]) - Count( TOTAL {<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID]))

/ Count( TOTAL {<$(=vPeriodLowerBand)>} distinct [Client ID])

maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Now I only get a single month

months.png

sunny_talwar

What all dimensions do you have? I think you need this month divided by last 12 months? You would need to use Above()/Below() functions to do this. Would you be able to provide a sample to play around with?

maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I didn't know I could use above/below in expressions. That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

sunny_talwar

That is awesome. I am glad I was able to point you in the right direction