Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in data connections connecting a network folder

Dear community members,

sorry for boring you, but I think I'm having an error that is not depending on some mistakes made in configuring our Qlik Sense Platform 2.2.4

When I select in "data connections" from QMC a specific connection pointing to a network folder the configuration of it looks ok (i.e. network path and uname/pwd) but when I try to use this network connection from a brand new app  via "add data" I've got the error message "Internal Engine Error". Then I've tried to create a new data connection from a new app (in order to not reuse the existing connection) and when I go in "Data Load Editor --> Create new Connection --> Folder" and I insert the network folder path "\\Computername\folder" I obtain the same "Internal Engine Error"

Am I doing something wrong or is there something not working in my installation ?

BTW: from Terminal Server Client on my server if I open windows explorer and navigate to "\\Computername\folder" it works ... so it doesn't seems to me a network error.

Has someone some suggestion ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

‌Do the Qlik Sense services run under system account? In that case you should have some problem to access the network resources, try to use a local or domain user having local admin rights to run the services.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

‌Do the Qlik Sense services run under system account? In that case you should have some problem to access the network resources, try to use a local or domain user having local admin rights to run the services.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

first of all, many thanks for your answer. I made the Qlik installation with my user that is a local admin, and the Qlik services are running with this users. The fact is that if, inside the server, I try to open the remote folder I have no problem at all, that is why I don't suspect a user issue.

When I try to connect "My files" inside Qlik Sense Hub I've got the following error

Error.jpg
Thanks for advice.

Cordialmente.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

sorry for boring you ... I've just talked with infrastructure responsible, and actually he confirmed me that the service user is not my user ... I think that you're right ... I'll came back to you soon to let you know if changing the user for services works.

Cordialmente

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo, your suggestion were correct ... it was a user problem

Cordialement.

Vincenzo_Esposito

Did you solved this problem?

Not applicable
Author

Solved many thanks

aaronliu
Partner - Contributor