Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide or move .shared and .meta files

Hi Community,

Should be possible to hide the shared and meta data files or tell qlikview to create them in another location?

I tried using the hide option per file but from the application desktop is possible to still saw it.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Regards,

Federico.-

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or create a development tree in a location that isn't being used by QVS as a document folder. Whenever documents need to be propagated to production, copy them to the Document root.

Mounted folders with the Browsable checkbox switched off, can be used to store documents that are reloaded by the server but aren't visible in the accesspoint.

Best practice says to keep everyone - users, developers, managers, santaclaus, president Trump - out of the Document Root.

Peter

View solution in original post

10 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I have to ask: Why would you want to do that?

Just don't give people access to that folder.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Onno for your respond, my answer to your question: It's something that people from BI want not to see, but they need to have access for daily work.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Those files reside into you QV Server, a place that are not supposed to have access by regular users.

Why you want to hide them?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever thanks for your answer, the reason is users have a folder inside the server for development and test, so they have access, but the production folder is read only for the users.

Why you mean the user should not have access? is not the correct way?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Create a subfolder for that users and grant access only to that subfolder

Not applicable
Author

But how make a subfolder will not show the meta and shared files?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or create a development tree in a location that isn't being used by QVS as a document folder. Whenever documents need to be propagated to production, copy them to the Document root.

Mounted folders with the Browsable checkbox switched off, can be used to store documents that are reloaded by the server but aren't visible in the accesspoint.

Best practice says to keep everyone - users, developers, managers, santaclaus, president Trump - out of the Document Root.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter for your respond. I will try in that way.

Thanks a lot to all!

Not applicable
Author

You can allso try to to execute a cmd attrib +h DocumentName()*

This will hide the QVW, Meta and Shared in the folder and also the AccessPoint