Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

Single sign on for qlik sense

Hi,

I am trying to do SSO for my app. actually my app was integrated with a web application. app url was used in the web application. to access the web application we are using windows authentication. if click the link it will redirect to the sense hub. but it asking the user credentials again. server admin told he enabled single sign on in server. in qmc what should to i do to avoid the  credentials request.

Thanks

24 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

A‌ctually LDAP is not a website but a user directory access protocol. Your website can use an LDAP to authenticate the users

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

can you please share the any doc for configuring virtual proxy

Vincenzo_Esposito

You can find the infos. you need in the standard online manual. The link I've shared above.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

this one? Tickets in Qlik Sense‌here they doing for salesforce

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

dear Vincenzo Esposito

i followed this doc

https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/8159-102-3-11310/sense11VirtualProxWebTic...

but i am getting 404 error can you please take a look at this

Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Arul,

this doc is quite old, a newer version is here: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-S...

anyway I suppose you get a 404 because you try to point to the HUB directly. When you set Qlik Sense virtual proxy Authentication as ticket, Proxy expect a tiket, so you can't access directly to the HUB you need to implement an authentication Module instead (you need to write a server side program in a Language such as JAVA, Python, C# or whatever) to access your web application..

Ticket authentication is quite triky to implement, I suggest you to ask a local support for that.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Dear Vincenzo Esposito

local IT team asking where to implement the module (in the web application?) by using ticket or header authentication static or header authentication dynamic

Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Arul,

Header authentication is normaly used along side SSO system. SSO works as proxy in between the user and Qlik, whereas tiket authentication relies on your web application Authentication system.

For the tiket authentication you need to implement the ticket request in your web application, in the snipped of code where you made the authentication.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

thank you i will try and get back to you

thanks again

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Ticket login time per day.. any thing alike that in ticket? if yes can you please tell me