Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I create heatmaps using QlikMaps

Im just looking for resources on how to use Qlikmaps and in particular how to create heatmaps?

Thanks! (a formula would be sweet too)

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

For creating a Point map, you will need a table that contains Latitudes and Longitudes. Check out this video.

Using the Maps Chart Object - Points Maps - Part 1 - (video)

For creating a Heat Map, there are multiple options.

1. You can use an extension to build such a map. Here is one of the extension

Idevio Maps for Qlik Sense « bi.idevio.com

2. Using a geographical KML file directly loaded into QlikSense.

Using the Maps Chart Object - Polygon Map - Part 2 - (video)

Exampe: Qlik Sense

3. GeoQlik

GeoQlik, the only true mapping component for QlikView and Qlik Sense

Regards,

Rohan

trey_bayne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Jason,

This is Trey with the QlikMaps team from Analytics8 (QlikMaps.com). First, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We get most of our QlikMpas related questions from our support portal (support.analytics8.com) and I have not done a great job of monitoring the community for such questions. That will change now as I'm going to put much more effort in to monitoring the community for such questions.

Now, to answer your questions, HeaMaps are available through a check box in the layer control on a points map. No configuration necessary. Simply select the Heatmap option and the visualization will change. For additional questions, I'd recommend checking out our Knowledge Base at QlikMaps.com/docs and login with your QlikMaps login.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Thanks trey.bayne‌ this works for me, however the pop up stops working as soon as i enable Heatmaps. I have read the knowledge base it doesn't say anything about this.

Thanks.

trey_bayne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Ankit,

Popups do not associate with heatmaps. If you think about it, this makes sense. A popup is additional information about a single feature on the map, be it a polygon, point or line. A heatmap is a clustering effect where individual features are merged together to create a density map. In a heatmap, the popup does not have a single feature to tie to.

An option may be replacing a heatmap with bins that are colored like a heatmap. Check out this blog post to see more information about binning.

Wrap All Your Points In A Bin | Analytics8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Trey for writing back,

Ok i understand. Fortunately i have already implemented coloured bins, just the pop up along with out of the box heat map functionality of QlikMaps would have been sweet and looks cleaner.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers.