Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Initial data reduction based on section access

We have a dashboard deployed with section access. Previously, we had data for 2014 and 2015. As per the section access, each users can just see their own data.

We updated the DB with 2016 and when I refresh the App and save it, the 2016 data is not showing up in the access point. When I uncheck the Initial data reduction based on section access, then the 2016 data shows up but all the users are able to see all the data. Please advise what's the fix.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

After reading this thread, I get the impression that your 2016 data doesn't link properly to the section access table values. Has the 2016 data lost a field value that inhibits it from linking to the section access field ProviderID_Selected?

If it works for 2014 and 2015 (which in itself is weird) and it stops working for 2016, then the problem is situated in your source data or the LOAD statement for this source data.

Peter

View solution in original post

14 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can you elaborate how your section access table and the reduction fields / link to your section application table look like?

Not applicable
Author

Is the Strict Exclusion checked?

When you check in the Access Point, what is the Access for that ID? Is it Admin or User. If it is User, what is the Reduction applied applied to that user? can you be more specific.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the screenshot and the script. If I uncheck initial data reduction, I can get 2016 but all users are able to see the data.

Binary [\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\01_Extract_QVW\patient.qvw];

Section Access;

LOAD UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME, 

UPPER(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

UPPER(PROV_ID) as ProviderID_Selected

FROM

\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\QVD\Extract\PatientAccess.QVD

(qvd)

WHERE 1=1;

Section Application;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the screenshot and the script. If I uncheck initial data reduction, I can get 2016 but all users are able to see the data.

Binary [\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\01_Extract_QVW\patient.qvw];

Section Access;

LOAD UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME, 

UPPER(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

UPPER(PROV_ID) as ProviderID_Selected

FROM

\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\QVD\Extract\PatientAccess.QVD

(qvd)

WHERE 1=1;

Section Application;

Not applicable
Author

Could you please share definition of your Section table. and what is the reduction link?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Santosh,

Has the data format changed? If formats are not same, Section Access will not work.

Has users reduction of dates or years?

Kind regards

rrsrini2907
Creator
Creator

Hi Santosh,

Check your section access reduction field and the section application field values, the 2016 might be filtered as part of your section access reduction

or the section application doesn't have the relevant value for that 2016 year.

Regards,

Srini.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you should capitalized field names, also for the reduction field:

UPPER(PROV_ID) as PROVIDERID_SELECTED

(also need to rename the field in section application.

I still don't see how your reduction field values are linked to your section application table.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is a data tier which has the below script

SecurityProvider:

LOAD NTNAME,

USER_ID,

NAME,

PROV_ID as PROV_ID,

Practice as Practice,

[QlikView App],

Access as ACCESS,

Active

FROM

[\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\ExternalData\Section Access.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Section_Access)

WHERE [QlikView App] = 'Patient_Experience_Provider' AND Active = 'Y' ;

STORE SecurityProvider INTO [\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\QVD\Extract\PatientExpProvider_Access.QVD];

DROP TABLE SecurityProvider;