cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales where date =

Hi,

i want to show only sales from the the current date without filters. Wich expression must i use?

I try this in the "sales measure" expression: Count({<Month = {"Mai">}} Sales), but it doesn´t work.

2016-05-07_12h56_43.jpg

regards,

René

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Hahahaha ya, I was wondering why we want to see May-2015 data for May 2016. I was not sure for the exact reason. But just to add another possibility without needing to add the MonthName field would be this:

Count({<Month = {'$(=Month(Today()))'}, Year = {$(=Year(Today))}>} Sales)

Why create an extra field when we can do this with the existing ones

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Your set expression should look like

{<Month = {'Mai'} >}

sunny_talwar

s Waltermentioned that this need to based on current date, should this be based on a formula Stefan? Something like this

Count({<Month = {'$(=Month(Today()))'}>} Sales)

So when June comes, it shows the most Juni

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe that's what he wants.

But if the data shows more than one year (currently not), it would be better to select on MonthYear, and clear selections in other calendar fields:

LOAD [Date],

[Month],

[Year],

[Week],

[Quarter],

MonthName(Date) as MonthYear

FROM [lib://example-2/Calender.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Tabelle1);

Count({<MonthYear = {'$(=MonthName(Today()))'}, Date, Month, Year, Week, Quarter>} Sales)

Note that a similar set expression should probably applied to your second expression, too.

For a better introduction into point in time reporting, have a look at

The Magic of Set Analysis - Point In Time Reporting • Blog • AfterSync

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha ya, I was wondering why we want to see May-2015 data for May 2016. I was not sure for the exact reason. But just to add another possibility without needing to add the MonthName field would be this:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks...

I use "Products" as dimension. If i want only special products, how can i do it by an expression?

Example:

Products like "Pizza"

regards,

René

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Count({<Products = {'Pizza'}>} Sales)

A Primer on Set Analysis

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Or

Count({<Products = {'*Pizza*'}>} Sales)

if you want to use LIKE %Pizza% style

sunny_talwar

Hi s Walter‌ -

Is this a new requirement? I would suggest creating a new thread for a new requirement. This will help you as you will get advice from more people and it will help this discussion be focused on one issue at time.

Thanks,

Sunny

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sunny T &lt;span class=&quot;icon-status-icon icon-mvp&quot; title=&quot;Mvp&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt; wrote:

Because you can fulfill this specific requirement with the two existing fields, but try to select two arbitrary months, like

Dec 2015 and Jan 2016 (it doesn't matter using set analysis or with two list boxes).

Thus you don't need to create a new field now, but from experience, you will create it tomorrow.

And I just try to avoid answering new threads tomorrow that I can answer in existing threads today

Besides this, I still think that user selectable calendar fields should be cleared in the set expression, to avoid incompatible sets (unless the OP wants this chart not to show always the current month sales).