Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension : The calculation page is too large

Hi all,

I'm creating a new line chart with time as the X-Axis ,, it was working properly ,, I restarted my laptop ,, and opened qlik sense again tried to use it and all I get is this message

The calculation page is too large. Reduce the number of cells and try again .

I also have a problem ,, that qlik sense retrieves only the numbers of the first 2 measures ,,

so I add 1 dimension 4 measures ,, and I get a hyper cube with only 3 elements width [1 dimension , 2 measures]

why could this happen ?

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Ahmed,

a data page in hypercube can handle 10k values only. So, if you have 1 dimension and 2 measures you need to define qWidth=3:

initialProperties: {

qHyperCubeDef: {

qDimensions: [],

qMeasures: [],

qInitialDataFetch: [{

qWidth: 3,

qHeight: 3333

}]

}

}

So, each data page will contain 9999 cells. If you want to retrieve more data than first page only you need to load page after page using backendApi.getData() or use this: GitHub - skokenes/senseUtils: a JavaScript library for developing Qlik Sense web solutions with the ...

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Both of the following charts are using the same dimension and the same measure

scr.png

marcus_sommer

Do you try to create this date within the chart? If yes switch this part to the script maybe within a master-calendar: Understanding the Master Calendar (video).

- Marcus

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Ahmed,

a data page in hypercube can handle 10k values only. So, if you have 1 dimension and 2 measures you need to define qWidth=3:

qWidth: 3,

qHeight: 3333

}]

}

}

So, each data page will contain 9999 cells. If you want to retrieve more data than first page only you need to load page after page using backendApi.getData() or use this: GitHub - skokenes/senseUtils: a JavaScript library for developing Qlik Sense web solutions with the ...

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Thx Marcus , I handle the map through this dimension expression

=makedate(Year(CreatedAt),Month(CreatedAt),Day(CreatedAt))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

I want to get 10 as width [1 dim 9 measures] ,, so that should make the initial props like this

qWidth: 10,

qHeight: 1000

}]

}

}

yet it just ignores these values and return only the first 3 [1 dim 2 measures] knowing that the returned page is only 197 height which is the data set I'm currently working on

Thanks for your help

marcus_sommer

If I understand the answer from Ralf right then has these dimension-expression nothing to do with your issue. Nevertheless it's best practice to create such fields within the script instead of using calculated dimensions.

- Marcus

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I do not agree. Prevent for creating additional data fields that can be an expression..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Well, there is more to define:

definition: {

type: "items",

component: "accordion",

items: {

dimensions: {

uses: "dimensions",

min: 1,

max: 1

},

measures: {

uses: "measures",

min: 9,

max: 9

},

..and of course you need to process the retrieved data from the HyperCube.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Yes I've already added these lines ,, and I can see the qMeasuresInfo containing all the chosen measures and I can get the min and max values ,, yet I can't read them as the qMatrix dataPage containing only 3 values per row [1 dim and 2 measures] ,, the first two measure and if I changed the order of measure the retrieved data will be changed and will containt the two new first measures

Thx again for your help ,,